1. Before the Interview
Just like studying for an exam, you need to prepare for an interview by finding out everything you can about the company and position. In addition, rehearse your interview responses to skills, behavioral and situational based questions that will best demonstrate your capabilities. It can be a stressful time preparing for an interview, however preparation can help minimize stress and anxiety that one may feel during the lead up to the job interview.
2. During the Interview
It is important to make a strong impression by being yourself and remaining enthusiastic and keen about the job. Below is a guide to helping you conduct yourself throughout the interview:
- Remain calm, composed and focused
- Maintain good eye contact without staring
- Be aware of your body language, posture and the tone of your voice.
- Listen carefully to each question and ensure you fully understand the question before you answer.
- Speak clearly and confidently
- Ask questions and always try and engage with the interviewer
- Enquire about the next steps in the interview process
- Thank the interviewer at the conclusion of the interview
3. After the Interview
After the interview, it is important to reflect on your performance – what went well, what didn’t go well and what you can do to improve if you had your time again. This will go along way to help you learn and build your confidence for future interviews.
Get in touch with us