Quality Personnel Service Group (“QPSG”), is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage your Personal Information (both solicited and unsolicited) in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
Information We Collect
We collect personal and sensitive information from job seekers, clients, referees and employees that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our functions and activities as a labour hire and recruitment service provider.
What is Personal Information? – Personal Information is information or an opinion that is reasonably capable of identifying you. It includes everyday information (ie, name, address and phone number) to sensitive information.
What is Sensitive Information? – Sensitive Information is a special category of personal information and defined in the Privacy Act to include information or an opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record, health or disability.
The type of Personal Information we typically collect includes:
- resumes, CV’s and covering letters
- proof of identity – driver’s licence, visa details, and passport
- residential address
- qualifications, industry licenses/tickets, and professional associations
- work references and feedback from past employers
- medical and criminal history
- Bank details
- Superannuation details
- Tax File number details
- Next of kin details
- skills assessment
- Client company information
How We Use Information
Your Personal Information will be used for the purposes of providing our services to you and our clients: and in connection with:
- evaluating your suitability to register with QPSG
- evaluating your suitability for employment and/or other positions that may fit your capabilities and qualifications
- verifying that you have valid and appropriate Australian work rights and/or visa to legally work in Australia.
- verifying and validating your resume, CV, nominated references or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities from appropriate third parties.
- undertaking criminal history checks, if required
- any pre-employment test or assessment that you might be required to undertake including medical tests, drug and alcohol tests etc.
- assisting in your actual or possible work placement
- managing our client and business relationships
- assisting our clients with recruitment
- evaluating your performance and prospects
- informing you of events such as training or information sessions
- accessing government funded wage subsidies and employer incentives
- management and resolution of any complaint, workplace incident, workplace injury or investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- any reference that we may give concerning your work
- our statutory compliance obligations
How We Collect Information
QPSG collects personal and sensitive information about you via a number of ways such as:
- During face to face interviews, telephone screening including correspondence by telephone and email.
- You submitting a hard copy of your resume and other information in connection with your employment application and registration at a QPSG office or online through QPSG website, and/or third-party online sites where you have chosen to submit your information to us for recruitment services.
- information from third parties, including results of inquiries that we might make of your current or former employers, work colleagues, professional associations, registration bodies, government bodies, insurance providers, and criminal or disciplinary bodies, and
- receiving results of any competency, medical test or background check with your consent.
- Publicly available sources including newspapers, journals, directories, internet, social media sites.
Your Personal Information will be held by QPSG authorised personnel. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. All personal and sensitive information collected from or about you is treated as confidential with QPSG. No unauthorised person is permitted access to it. Hard copy documents containing such information are held in files that are situated in locations, within our premises, which negate the possibility of casual access by unauthorised persons.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, we will de-identify it or destroy it, provided that it is lawful for us to do so.
If You Don’t Provide Us Information?
If you do not provide us with the information we require, we may be limited in our ability as a labour hire and recruitment service provider to:
- finding suitable work for you; and
- to place you in work, or
- we might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for a particular position
Disclosure of Personal Information?
Your Personal and Sensitive Information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of QPSG and trusted third parties;
- education providers to verify your qualifications
- previous employers to verify your qualifications
- a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities
- Our insurers
- a workers compensation body
- a professional association or registration body with a lawful entitlement to obtain your personal and sensitive information;
- any government department or body (or their agents);
- centrelink and its assessors
- doctors and other medical service providers
- family members
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
We don’t disclose sensitive information about you unless you agree, or would reasonably expect us to.
We don’t disclose personal information to third parties located overseas without your consent and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and QPSG is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Access and Correction of Information:
QPSG takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by QPSG.
If at any time you find that personal information that we hold about is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can request us to correct it.
QPSG will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- QPSG requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- QPSG may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to QPSG for providing access in accordance with your request.
Legal Requirements for Information?
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
Visitors to QPSG Website
QPSG web server gathers your IP address to help gather broad demographic information and statistics about all visitors to our website, including most regularly accessed pages and most used services. This information helps us to diagnose problems with our service and to administer our site to continuously improve our online services and overall experience for our visitors and users. Demographic information is gathered in aggregate form only and does not identify or trace any one individual user.
QPSG uses “cookies” to enable its website to interact with your browser so as to provide you with better service and a more effective website. “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. Cookies are used to maintain session information between your browser and QPSG application, and are required for QPSG application to operate. QPSG web server can later retrieve these cookies if you visit again.
QPSG allocates a cookie to each Internet browser that visits its website. This cookie does not allow QPSG to collect personally identifiable information about you.
QPSG web servers gather your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our site, and to gather broad demographic information. Demographic information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going onto those sites.
Transborder Data Flow
QPSG will only transfer personal information outside of Australia if QPSG believes the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that is substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles (NPP).