SAFETY INDUCTION PROCESS
At QPSG, we regard our employees as our most important asset assets which is why we are committed to ensuring all new employees complete an induction as part of the onboarding process.
QPSG’s onboarding and induction process is critical to the success of how we introduce, inform and educate our employees on all aspects of employment with our company such as;
- policies and procedures
- workplace health and safety obligations
- performance and behaviour expectations
- key contact details
All temporary/on-hire/casual employees must complete an induction before the commencement of their shift.
QPSG Induction includes:
- Employment Agreement (permanent, part-time, temporary/on-hire/casual)
- Fairwork Statement
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Safety policy
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Injury Management Policy
- (EEO), Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy
- Performance and Attitude – QPSG expectations
- Punctuality and Absenteeism – QPSG expectations and notifications
- Timesheets and Payroll Information
- Safety Induction – (Hazard Identification, PPE, Manual Handling, Mobile Equipment, Hazardous Substance, Housekeeping, )
- Incident and Injury Reporting Procedure
- QPSG internal contact listing
Host Client Specific Inductions:
Prior to the placement of an on-hire employee with a host client, QPSG would consult with the client about the workplace and the requirement for a site-specific induction. Our on-hire employee will undertake the host employer’s induction program which may vary depending on the company, in some cases QPSG on-hire employees will not be allowed onto a host client premises unless they have undergone their site-specific induction.
QPSG has partnered WorkPro, an industry best practice in web-based Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) induction provider to deliver to our requirements.
To register with WorkPro and complete required safety induction modules please visit www.workpro.com.au Once completed the results of your industry recognised module/assessment are stored permanently in a central database. This means you only do the induction module once even if you change employer, you can easily access and provide them with your completed induction module. However, you may be required to undertake refreshers from time to time.
Should you have any questions regarding the above please contact our office on (03) 9317 3900 to speak to one of our recruitment specialists.